Don’t fall victim to opportunist burglars this summer!
You can greatly reduce the risk of burglary by taking a few simple security measures to help make your property less attractive to thieves.
Most burglars are opportunists and target homes, garages, or outbuildings that offer the least risk of being caught.
Celebrating the Platinum Jubilee?
Whether you’re simply going to be out of your home for a few hours at a street party, or going away for a few days over the bank holiday weekend,
- you should take steps to ensure your home looks occupied, and ensure you leave it secure.
- Shut and secure all doors and accessible windows
- Ensure gates leading to rear gardens are secure
- Don’t leave valuables, tools or cycles out in view
- Secure and lock Sheds and outbuildings
- Use timer switches to turn lamps on within your home if you’re going to be out as it gets dark
- Ask a trusted neighbour to watch over your home whilst you’re away.
For more information on how to protect your home and belongings visit the Thames Valley Police website
If you are planning on joining with neighbours to celebrate the Jubilee the Neighbourhood Watch Association is there to advise interested residents on how to set up and organise a Watch Scheme, to enable neighbours to keep an eye out for each other.