Finchampstead Neighbourhood Development Plan
Finchampstead Future, a group of volunteer local residents, working in partnership with Finchampstead Parish Council, is producing a Neighbourhood Development Plan.
To have the FNDP approved as a formal input to Planning decisions we have to ensure that we consult with local people, organisations, businesses, landowners, etc. about our analysis and policy proposals, and that their views are considered and used to influence the plan as appropriate. Part of this process is evidencing that the plan accurately reflects the needs of the area and the views of local people.
The first formal public consultation on the draft plan, the Regulation 14 Statutory Consultation, closed on 19 March 2021. The report on the consultation can be found here.
A further ‘focused’ Regulation 14 Consultation is taking place from 18 October to 29 November 2021. Details about the consultation will be distributed to each home in the Parish.
You can view the consultation documents below:
- Introductory letter from Allan Gibson, Chair of Finchampstead Future
- Draft Finchampstead Neighbourhood Development Plan Edition 2
- Topic Paper on Additional Housing
- Topic Paper on Local Green Spaces Edition 2
- Topic Paper on Key Gaps Edition 2
You can comment on the proposals by:
- Writing to FNDP c/o Finchampstead Parish Council, FBC Centre, Gorse Ride North, Finchampstead RG40 4ES
- Emailing email@example.com
- Completing the online survey at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/FinchFutureFeedbackV2
Following this consultation a further draft of the Plan will be prepared and submitted to Wokingham Borough Council as we move to the next stage of the process. WBC will check that proper process has been followed, consultation undertaken and for compliance with national frameworks. They will appoint an ‘Independent Examiner’ and arrange a second six-week statutory consultation on the revised Plan ‘before examination’. After that the Plan will be considered by the Independent Examiner and his or her approval will be needed before the Plan can be put to a vote of local people in a referendum, which we are hoping can take place towards the end of 2022.
If you have any queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read the Finch Future January 2021 newsletter here
What is a Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP)?
It is the most powerful tool a community has ever had for influencing local development!
- It is the best way to safeguard our neighbourhoods from speculative, ill-conceived development.
- It is a plan for our area drawn up by local people, representing their views and needs.
- It will provide community derived planning policies for our parish, which will be used when planning applications are considered.
It will cover important issues such as housing, green spaces, social/economic needs and priorities, leisure and transport. When completed the plan will be submitted for approval and it will be up to local people to say yes or no to it through a Parish referendum.
Our vision is to embrace the need for change and to meet the expanding need of a growing population whilst protecting those important things that have attracted generations of people to choose Finchampstead as a place to live and bring up their families