First Aid Training for Volunteers
Mon, 12 July 2021
09:30 – 16:30, Cost: £45
St James Church
This course is for anyone in Wokingham who volunteers and may need to have emergency first aid skills in the event of an incident.
About this event
This face-to-face course is for anyone who resides (or volunteers) in Wokingham Borough, volunteers and may need emergency first aid skills for their role or those who work in the voluntary/charity/public sector. For example volunteers at school activities, brownies, scout leaders, church leaders, village hall care takers, parish/town councils that run community events and community groups.
The ‘Emergency First Aid at Work’ course is delivered by a qualified tutor over 6 hours and is valid for 3 years. It covers treatments designed to provide basic life support until the Emergency Services arrive.
Specifically the training will cover the following:
- The role of the first aider including:
o the importance of preventing cross infection
o the need for recording incidents and subsequent actions
o use of available first aid equipment
- Legislation – first aid law including first aider litigation issues
- Assessing any situation to act safely, promptly and effectively in any emergency
- Unconscious casualty management including Epilepsy
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for a non-breathing casualty
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Choking first aid for a casualty with a blocked airway
- First aid for a casualty that has been injured and is bleeding
- Shock (Hypovolaemic)
- Minor injuries first aid for small cuts, grazes and bruises and small splinters
- Minor burns and scalds
You will gain a Level 3 Certificate. Booking link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/159818010973