Help for your health during cost of living crisis
Visit the cost of living help hub to get the latest advice to help you and your family through the winter. This week we’re looking at looking after your health as we enter the cold months.
- Visit our health cost of living pages to see if you’re entitled for extra support if you have an illness or disability
- Check our programme of public health support on offer through the council
- Use the Wokingham Wellbeing Service if you’re experiencing mental health issues or other social or lifestyle issues that are impacting on their wellbeing
- If you have a low income, the NHS Low Income Scheme could help you pay for some items
- Make sure you get your Covid-19 and flu vaccines this autumn if you’re eligible
Run a warm space to help your community
We’re looking for organisations and groups to join our warm space network this winter. Joining helps you and your communities by:
- Access to items to distribute to help people keep warm like blankets and coats
- Access to items to distribute to help people save money on energy bills like energy efficient light bulbs and slow cookers
- Easier referrals to help for those in need to receive warm packs
- Help with promotion so you can help as many people as possible
Let us know if you’re running a warm space locally and want our support.