We are offering free community testing to residents that need to leave home for their work – and this includes those who volunteer.
The test used is called a Lateral Flow Test. It only takes a few minutes to complete and delivers results to your mobile in around 45 mins. This is the easiest way to keep your loved ones and fellow volunteers safe.
- There are two rapid test sites open, one at our Shute End office and one at the Microsoft Campus in Thames Valley Park
- You can book a test slot at either site online through our website, or turn up on the day at the Microsoft Campus test centre
- You should get a free rapid test if you don’t have any symptoms and need to leave home to go to work – this should be done at least once a week
- Shute End test centre – 9am-4pm Monday, 8am-4pm Tuesday to Saturday (last tests at 3.45pm)
- Microsoft Campus test centre – 9am-4pm Monday (last test at 3.4pm), 8am-8pm Tuesday and Thursday (last test at 7.45pm), 8am-4pm Wednesday, Friday and Saturday (last test at 3.45pm)
Other useful resources:
- Watch this video of Matt Pope, Director of Adult Services, talk through the programme
- Watch this walk-through video at our Shute End test centre to see how quick, easy and safe it is
- Watch this walk-through video at our Microsoft Campus test centre to see how quick, easy and safe it is
For the most up-to-date information, and to book your free test, please visit: www.wokingham.gov.uk/community-testing
As a reminder, if you have symptoms, please book a Covid-19 test using the national website: www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test