|Thames Valley Police are receiving increasing numbers of reports of Vehicle Crime in the Wokingham area.
Having your car broken into, tampered with and losing your things to thieves can be very distressing.
1. Always lock it
2. Close windows and the sun roof to prevent ‘fishing’
3. Secure your number plates with tamper-resistant screws
4. Fit locking, anti-tamper wheel nuts to secure alloy wheels
5. Secure anything that’s on the outside of your vehicle
6. Take it with you or hide it
7. Hide electrical items and leave no clues
8. Tool theft from vans
9. Park in well-lit and busier areas
10. Take your documents with you
11. Choose your car park wisely
Catalytic converter theft
Alternatively, try to make sure your vehicle is parked in a garage overnight, or if you have a commercial vehicle park it in a secure compound. If this isn’t possible, park in an area that’s well-lit and overlooked and try to park so that the convertor can’t be easily reached by potential thieves. Vehicles that sit high above the road are particularly vulnerable.
Cars with keyless entry systems
Please contact us if you have any information relating to vehicle crime in your neighbourhood. Report online at www.thamesvalley.police.uk call us on 101 or in an emergency dial 999.
Last modified: November 30, 2020